Monday, February 27, 2012

Becoming a Concert Pianist in 30 Days....Or At Least Play Chopsticks

With the help of Shaun Jenkins and some serious motivation I am going to attempt a 30 day immersion project in which I am going to attempt to gain at least a beginning knowledge of playing the piano. The main reason I am choosing to to undertake this task is because it is a requirement to do a 30 day immersion project for my English 104 class. I have always wanted to be able to play some sort of instrument however, so I felt this would be as good a time as any to undertake this challenge.
At the end of the 30 day period I hope to have gained at minimum a basic understanding of the fundamentals of piano playing. Ideally I would like to pick out a song at at the beginning of this challenge and be learn to play it in its entirety by the end of this project. But I suppose if I am only able to play chopsticks at the end I will still be further ahead than I am at this moment. I will keep you up to date on what song I choose to play. For those of you who know me well you probably already have a good idea of what it will be. Wish me luck and please continue to check back in for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment